Friday, November 7, 2008

The day behind, the day ahead

I didn't work much yesterday, but from what I understand a good deal of work was done. They finished baling hay and hauled most of it out of the field, they AI'd 11 cows and heifers, and even got the vet to come out and healthcheck about 5 cows.

So, what was I doing yesterday?

I went out at 4:00am to put out our cows' TMR before leaving at 5:00 for a State Young Farmers Committee meeting in Montgomery. Our Federation hosted a reception and dinner for the American Farm Bureau YF&R Committee (which is meeting in our state the next couple of days), so I didn't leave until around 8:30pm. After a very drowsy drive home, I walked into the house at ten 'til midnight.

It seems like I hadn't even gotten asleep good before it was time to get up again. I had to pull the full early shift this morning, so I was out in the lightly falling mist at 3:00am. So here I am, writing this blog post and drinking coffee while I should be in bed getting about a one hour nap. It's my dad's turn to have a meeting in Montgomery today, but all of our employees are supposed to be here today so we'll get a few things wrapped up if we don't get rained out. I'll just have to make sure I keep off the tractors for fear of falling asleep at the wheel.

No comments: