Wednesday, February 11, 2009

A good meeting in Memphis

I'm up in my room at the Peabody Hotel in Memphis during a long break of what's so far been a very good conference. My dairy cooperative, Dairy Farmers of America, is sponsoring the event to give producers more information about the opportunities that are available in a grazing-based system.
I doubt Gilmer Dairy Farm converts its forage management to an intensive grazing model, but I do see a lot of room for growth in the area. I think we could definitely find some ways to incorporate more managed grazing into our overall feed and management strategy.
The meeting will be resuming in a few minutes, and we'll have a networking dinner afterwards with another morning session tomorrow. I'll be back home about this time tomorrow I suspect.

No comments: