Thursday, April 23, 2009

Still in the Field

Our spring forage harvest will continue today under blue skies and bright sunshine. We'll start cutting the ryegrass/tritcale mix in one of our fields in about an hour. The silage chopper is nearly repaired, so we're hoping that it's back up and running after lunch and can operate all afternoon without further problems. Otherwise, we'll use our hay baler and bale wrapper tomorrow to harvest the cut forage as baleage.

I don't know where I'll be today...on the tractor, in the shop, or in the barn (this afternoon). I'll try to "tweet" a few times if my hands are free and I have a spare minute now and then. You can follow gilmerdairy if you use Twitter, otherwise just look to the right-hand column of this page.

Have a great day and make sure you enjoy three healthy, delicious servings of dairy products today!

No comments: